My Simple and Natural-Look Daily Makeup Routine + Mini Review

6:22:00 AM

Since I become a college student, I usually do a makeup daily to keep my face look fresh and most importantly, to prevent from sun rays.

If you are outgoing and looking for a natural daily makeup look with simple processes that protects you from UVA and UVB, this may help you. Using makeup base that contains big amount of SPF is the key to protect your skin from bad sun rays. However, bigger amount of SPF tends to make your skin feel oilier which is annoying for people in tropical countries. To get big SPF without feeling oily, also to get a fresh natural looking makeup, let's check this out.


Voila! These are my daily makeup kit when I go to college or somewhere else that I don't mind having this look. And of course, the process is simple. Before we start, let's have a look on my 'beary' bare face, hahahaha.


Pardon my imperfections and my pajama. Taken before taking a bath.

Before putting your makeup on, make sure to complete your skincare routine. Now let's start!

Step 1: Protect your lips


Protect your lips from bad sun rays with lip balm that has SPF. Also, lip balm or lip butter add a moisture to your lips. 
  • I use Blistex Complete Moisture with SPF 15 as a lip sunscreen. Well, it doesn't really moisture my lips so that I need to reapply when my lips feel dry. On the other hand, it does the job as a lip sunscreen.
  • When my lips are chapped or super dry, I use Vaseline 100% pure petroleum jelly and I love this one. It really heals my lips from chapping and gives moisture so that my lips feel soft and smooth, also kissable xx.


 Step 2: Time for base makeup


Use powder-based makeup base to avoid oily look while you get big enough SPF. The easiest application for makeup base in my opinion is two way cake. It contains foundation + compact powder, and it's enough to cover your entire face. 

I use Maybelline White Superfresh UV Cake Powder with shade no. 03: natural. It has SPF 34 and PA +++, and it's big enough to protect my skin from UVA and UVB. Also, it stays a whole day which what I like about this product. My skin gets oily after 3-4 hours after application but it doesn't melt or faded. I highly recommend it for makeup artists newbie <3

You can choose one of two techniques to apply two way cake:
  1. With beauty blender

  • Make sure your beauty blender is damp and bigger after you soak into water and squeeze it.
  • Apply the two way cake with your beauty blender and dab into your face and neck, except for nose area because you want to give a natural light illusion to your nose.
    • This is not an actual original Beauty Blender lol. It is actually called Candy Sponge from TWL Cosmetics. The quality is as good as Beauty Blender; bouncy and gives a smooth blending into my face. The price is cheaper, only Rp 100.000 or US $ 7.59 while the original one costs Rp 325.000 or US $ 24.67 ;)
    • This technique is to add more coverage into your face.


       2. With makeup brush
  • Apply directly into your face and neck using makeup brush, except for under eye and nose area. It is not a good idea to put something powdery at first into your under eye area.
  • Instead, apply concealer into your under eye area which has similar shade compared to your two way cake or other kind of makeup base, then set with a setting powder.
    • The makeup brush that I have is from The Body Shop called Blusher. It has smooth and silky bristles which is why I use it as my all-around makeup brush, except for eye makeup lol. It costs Rp 119.000 or around US $ 9
    • This techniques is intended if you don't have any problem with your skin and need more natural looking face.
I use beauty blender technique because I have many acne spots due to period :(

left side: without application. right side: with application

both sides are applied. all set!
Step 3: Conceal the imperfections



  • Conceal on the affected area that you desire, such as dark circles, acne, dark spots, etc.
    • Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector has SPF 30 to prevent your under eyes from discoloration, which is what every under eyes need. It also doesn't feel heavy under my eyes. However, its coverage is sheer to medium which is suitable for natural looking makeup. I don't know how much it costs, because my mom bought it and gave to me. I'm sure it is pricey lol.
  • Set them with setting powder.
    • Marcks beauty powder is the best setting powder ever!! Mine has the shade 'white' and the result is translucent which is what I need. I'm pretty sure every Indonesian women love it, because it is cheap (Rp 13.000), reduces acne, and made in Indonesia ;)


yea, this is the result. no dark circles and other imperfections.

Step 4: Eyebrows, eyelashes, and lips improvements



Who doesn't want to get eyebrows on fleek, opened eyes, and pinkish lips? Remember, be careful for this step; never apply them too much or you will draw birds above your eyes, cracked eyelashes, and duck lips. 
  • First up, draw a thin layer on your eyebrows with eyebrow pencil which has a shade that similar to your actual eyebrow color. Then blend with eyebrow spooly to give more natural look.
    • I use Etude House Drawing Eyebrow in shade 'Dark Grey.' It gives natural look and it is waterproof yet long lasting. Sadly, it's pricey (Rp 108.000) in their official store but it's cheap if you buy online or directly in South Korea. I recommend this product <3
  • Second, curl your eyelashes and apply a coat or two of mascara into your upper and lower eyelashes.
    • My eyelashes curler is from The Body Shop. It's pretty decent for me and doesn't have any problem.
    • My favorite mascara ever, Maybelline The Hyper Curl Volume Express Waterproof Mascara. It stays a whole day and keeps my eyelashes curled, gives longer eyelashes and natural thick look. Also, it doesn't fade when I cried lol. It costs only Rp 65.000, the cheapest among Maybelline mascaras yet the quality wins my heart.
  • Last, give your lips a natural pinkish look by adding lipstick with the shade that is similar to your actual lip color. I recommend satin-finished lipstick or colored lip balm.
    • I use Maybelline Baby Lips Color in Berry Crush. I really love the color, but I'm annoyed by the shine which is too much for me. It's faded so fast when I eat and it doesn't give any moisture. Instead, it cracks my lips a little bit especially when it's faded. The result is sheer and natural pinkish lips. 

  Before:
 After. Sorry for the differences in lighting.


Final Result:
Indoor. I don't have any idea for the pose so well pardon lol.

Outdoor. Half sun-kissed.

That's all from me, thank you for stopping by. What do you think about my look? Comment below if you have any thoughts. We can be friends anytime, right? ;)

Love,
Ivana.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

youtube: ivana ishak

Subscribe